NEW Community Giving Back Event!
Mobile Care Packages for the Homeless
Sunday January 14th, 2018
11am - 2pm
(open house - stop by anytime during these
hours to donate your time and/or items
towards our packages!)
Hosted by Jeanette St.Germain & Radiant Soul Center
4700 S. McClintock Drive Suite 190
Tempe, AZ 85282
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Donations - no entry fee
* * * * * * * * * * *
Last Community Event Update
Event - July 15th 2017
Our Monthly Giving Back Event - Mobile Care Packages for the Homeless was a Huge Success!
Thank you so much to everyone in our community who donated items, money, and/or time to helping support and create mobile care packages for the homeless this past month! We went above and beyond our original goals, and we had such a great time connecting and giving back. I cannot thank you all enough! Here are some pictures from our event and some numbers of the giving back waves we created in our local community. You guys are AWESOME!
Original Goal - $200 in donations, 50 care packages, 10 volunteers that could take 5 packages each to keep in their cars to hand out around town to those in need.
What we accomplished - $300 in funds, 273 care packages, 15 volunteers on site, 3 huge bags of clothing donations, every volunteer bringing extra supplies and at least an hour of their time. How does it get any better?
Community Event Details
Creating Mobile Care Packages to Assist those in Need
Make, Carry and/or Donate
Giving Back Community Event - Mobile Care Packages
Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Radiant Soul Center
4700 S. McClintock Drive Suite 190 Tempe, AZ 85282
11am - 2pm
* Financial and/or item donations collected Jan. 1st through Jan. 30th).
Making Care Packages to Assist those in Need - Make, Carry and/or Donate to the creation of mobile care packages that attendees can create and store in their cars, ready to give to those they may see while out and about during daily routines.
Since moving to our new center in Tempe a year ago, I have noticed more community members in need, standing on street corners not only asking for money, but basic necessities like food and water, many times with children and pets in tow. Seeing this on a daily basis, espeically in 100+ degree heat or near freezing temps during the winter months, my heart feels pulled to reach out to our community and ask us to join together for a day of giving and sharing.
If this is something that speaks to you, please consider offering a donation of your time, finances or support items that can be carried easily in a mobile care package. You can join us the day of the event to make the packages, and bring any donations then, or contact me anytime between now and the 14th to make other arrangements.
* Financial and/or item donations collected Jan 1st through Jan 30th, 2018).
Example of a care package:
Reusable napsack with water, granola bars, trailmix, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, etc.
* Speicality items, such as diapers, wipes, clothing and/or canned goods can also be donated during this event and will then be transported to a local shelter to assist men, women, children, and animals in need. Please note - diapers and baby wipes are always highly sought after items!
* Open House style - Come for all or part of the 3 hour event to help put together bags and take some to put in your car to hand out to those in need.
*** Important - If you or an organization you know might like to donate some items or money to this event, please let me know asap.
Items we are gathering include but are not limited to:
* Granola bars
* 1 dollar bills
* Sun glasses
* Baby wipes
* Non-perishable packaged goods - crackers, protein bars, trail-mix
* Lightweight, packaged food items. (nothing homemade - sorry, legal reasons).
* Canned goods
* Dog food
* Cat food
* Reusable, lightweight napsack/backpack style bags
* toiletries - hair combs, tooth brushes, toothpaste, hair ties
* list of addresses and phone numbers for shelters in East Valley - Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Scottsdale.
* any other items that you feel someone might need if they are struggling to meet their basic needs of survival in an AZ summer!
This event is LOVE DONATION only. Bring items or money that can go towards the purchased items that are going into the care bags.
What you can expect:
* Please stop by between the hours of 11 and 2 on Sunday the 14th - you can come for a few minutes or the entire 3 hours.
* I will have stations set up with donation items to put together into care packages.
* Care packages will vary in size and items included, depending on what I am able to gather prior to the event based on my own financial resources and local donations from other organizations.
** Everyone that comes will leave with at least a few care packages to have in their cars to hand out to those in need they come across throughout their day driving around town. My goal is every guest leaves with at least 5 care packages.
* We will have any donated items that don't fit into the care packages transported to a local domestic violence shelter. Please know that any bit of help is most appreciated!
I am also starting a Facebook event and a Facebook group for our community outreach programs. Please let me know if you would like to be added to these groups and kept up to date with our quarterly charity events. Thank you!
Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to sharing this special time of giving back with you!
Radiant Soul Center